Thursday, March 13, 2014

Two New to Share, Peace Babies Dallas & Magic Born Pearl !

I've been busy with projects, and while I do listen to my playlist here, when I am working on things.  I haven't written up a blog in a while, but I finally got some more creations to share here.
 The first piece is from a series I am calling the Peace Babies, this is Dallas a 33mm miniature fairy baby girl, tenderly sleeping in a butterfly bed.  In miniature scale she would be about the size of a premie, her head is only about 9MM so the following photos are greatly enlarged.    The base is made of wood, decorated in various ribbons and trims.  Most of the fabric is silk, Her hair is also silk. I love silk because it is user friendly on miniatures.  Baby Dallas, is removable from her base, and can easily be displayed in a miniature setting.  Below the photos of baby Dallas, is Pearl the first in a different series called the Magic Born, and her name is Pearl.






 Pearl is a unique Child bust, she is the first in a series of mixed media Sculptures, and art dolls.  Pearl is an expression created with unique fabrics and findings, I have delicately sculpted her torso, and arms, in polymer clay.







No comments:

Post a Comment