Sunday, April 27, 2014

Willburr Banks a 16" OOAK Venus Gaze Mohair Bear


I just listed on etsy, a new 16" Bear, ooak mohair teddy, that I made to look aged and distressed with acrylic paints, I'v always loved antique bears, and this one is definitely inspired by antique bears, I didn't use boot buttons for eyes I used aqua gems, and I used those to weigh him a little.  Aqua gems are available at Michael's Crafts stores that is where I found black ones.   I put a picture of what aqua gems look like at the bottom of the post.   I kept the face simply, the nose was felted wool, the covered with synthetic leather, and I assembled the necklace using leather cord, and a pendant I found at Michael's Craft store.   Anyway here are photos of Willburr Banks.






The following picture is the aqua gems, they are solid glass, not easy to break, and I am substituting them for bird shot or copper bbs, when adding additional weight to my bears.   I thought it was an idea worth sharing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment