Friday, September 12, 2014

Tiny Stares #3 Penny & #4 Rhiannon My First 1/12 Scale Dolls

This is an introduction, to my Doll works in 1/12 scale.  This is a dream realized for me, and it's like my baby which I will unendingly nurture well into the Winter of my seasons, it is also where I will concentrate my efforts for the rest of my life, I plan on creating mostly dolls in this scale until I am too old to continue, and have to retire.   My biggest passion at the moment is creating in miniature 1/12 scale, no pun intended.   I do plan on making portraits and interpreting some painted and illustrated works of art in miniature scale.

For now I am just making one of a kinds directly sculpted in polymer clay.  I may in the future offer molds for casting in porcelain, having roots as a porcelain doll artist, and master slip casting mold maker.  Although on my porcelain dolls in 1/12 scale I'll paint the eyes, it's possible to apply eyelashes to porcelain using my method of doing it.


The two Tiny Stares are Penny who is a young Girl about 10, and Rhiannon an Irish Lassie.

The first is Penny  her motto is "I'm no Princess"  She's about 4 5/8" tall


 The second introduction here is Rhiannon Tiny Stares #4 her motto is "Goodbye & Hello, Bellwether Friends." She's waiving her hand, She is about 6 3/8" to the tip of her fingers, but She is 5 3/4" before hair the big hairdo adds about a half inch of height to her.  Rhiannon's dress is inspired by the Regency period in fashion, I had coordinated the colors based on an antique handkerchief that was embroidered by hand and used for her over skirt.  I used silk taffeta, and dupioni for the dress.  undergarments on all my dolls when required are Swiss batiste, and the laces are French and English, mostly, for the shoes on all my dolls I plan on using leather, unless another material is appropriate for the theme.  The last two photos in this blog show up close details.




No comments:

Post a Comment